About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Caramel Butter cream frosting

Croquant Caramel Butter Cream Chocolate Cupcakes


My late Friday night I finished my 900 pieces 4D New York City puzzle. It took me about 5 days to finish. I got this as a birthday present. This is one of my favorite present. My husband and I were married in New York City at the Norwegian Seaman's Church. It brought us great memories looking at this cool puzzle. We told stories to our children about our experiences. What a great city :)



For dinner I made healthy fish dish. My kids love fish and they loved my coconut crusted baked salmon.

Not so healthy but a weekend treat. I made caramel butter cream chocolate cupcakes topped with croquant. This is an after dinner dessert. My kids had such a hard time just staring at the cake container. Trying to convince me why they should have one before dinner. They picked up all their toys, cleaning up their mess, putting things away. With their big brown eyes I didn't give in.

Caramel butter cream frosting
1 1/2 stick of butter, cold cut into cubes
about 4 oz of  cold cream cheese
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups powder sugar
about 1/4 cup or less caramel sauce

I made my own cool whip and mixed 1 cup to the buttercream. Great taste.




Using an electric whisk, in a bowl add in the butter, whisk until smooth. 
Add the cream cheese and vanilla extract, whisk again until smooth.
Add the powder sugar 1/2 cup at a time, mixing on low until well combined
Add about 1/4 cup less or more of caramel to the frosting mixture depends how sweet you want it.

I frost the cupcakes with the butter cream frosting and drizzled more caramel and sprinkled croquant.


No comments:

Post a Comment