About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Homemade Cinnamon Rasin bagels

 I have been baking a lot the past couple of weeks. I've baked a lot of different kinds of cookies (chocolate chips, sugar cookies, peanut butter and caramel). I 've baked pies, brownies, bread, and pretzels. Yesterday I made my own bagels. My family loved the cinnamon raisin bagels.

1 1/2 cup warm water
1 pk yeast
3 Tablespoons sugar
2 Tablespoon vegetable oil
3 1/2 cup bread flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 to 2 teaspoons cinnamon (I added extra because my family loves cinnamon)
1/2 cup raisins
1 -2 tablespoons brown sugar

2-3 quarts water
1/2 cup honey

In a bowl add in warm water, mix in the yeast, sugar, and oil. Let it stand for 5 minutes.

In another bowl mix in 2 cups of flour and salt. Add the yeast mixture. Stir until combined. Slowly mix in the rest of the flour.

Add in cinnamon, raisins, and brown sugar

Knead dough on a flour surface. Add additional flour if needed. The dough should be firm.

Transfer the dough to a lightly greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let the dough rise until double the size for couple hours.

After rise, punch dough down and place it on a lightly floured surface. Divide the dough with a knife into 6-8 pieces. Roll each pieces of dough into sausage shape. Join the ends to form a circle. Repeat with the remaining dough. Let the bagels rest for 15 minutes.

Preheat oven to 220 degrees C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Bring about 2 quarts of water to a boil, add the honey. Boil the bagels a few at a time just until they rise to the surface of the pot about a minute on each side. Remove bagels with a slotted spoon and place them on baking sheet. Baked in the preheated oven until the bagels begin to brown, about 20 minutes.



I made other bagels with garlic/green onion and using Italian seasoning to make pizza bagels. I also made my own English muffins. I'll give out the recipe some other time.




No comments:

Post a Comment