About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars

I made a no bake chocolate chip cookie cheesecake bars. It's simple and quick to make. I didn't use any eggs in this recipe. It doesn't taste like jello when using a little gelatin. It just hold the cheesecake filling together. Make sure after serving, place the rest of the cheesecake bar, far away, so no one will sneak eat. 

Cookie Crust 
2-3 pk rolls of chocolate chip cookies, Oreo cookies, graham crackers, korni, or any biscuit or cookies you prefer. (I made my own chocolate chip cookies)
2 tablespoon butter, melted

Cheesecake Filling
200 gr Philadelphia cream cheese
1/4 cup sugar + 3 tablespoons extra
1 teaspoon vanilla bean from Vanilla pod
1/2 cup krem fløte (heavy cream or half & half)
1/2 teaspoon unflavored gelatin powder

Toppings
leftover cookie crumbs
Freia chocolate pieces


In a bowl crush cookies into small pieces and then add melted butter, mix well. Then pour the cookie crumb mixture into a 9 x 9 inch pan. Set aside.

In another bowl add cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla bean. Mix well until smooth and set aside.

In a saucepan on low heat, pour and mix 1/2 cup cream and 3 tablespoons sugar. Then sprinkle gelatin over cream. Stir and remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes. Then on medium/high heat bring cream mixture to a boil for 30 seconds or until cream is hot. Remove from heat, stir well, until gelatin has dissolved.

Add the cream/gelatin mixture into cheesecake mixture, beat until light, fluffy, and smooth. Pour filling over the cookie crust. Then add the remaining cookie crumbs and chocolate pieces on top. Refrigerate until chilled and set.

Slice into bars and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment