About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Friday, August 16, 2013

Easy cheescake dip





Yippie, it's Friday! It's been a while since I last posted. It's finally quiet because my kids are with their father at his work and I'm alone with my youngest one. Anyways, the other day I was craving strawberries and cheesecake. I was too tired to bake. I wanted to make something quick without eggs and flour. I'm not into eggs as much as my family. 
Just 5 ingredients to make a very easy and tasty cheesecake dip. So I made this delicious cheesecake dip which vanished before my eyes. My kids and my husband ate it less than 5 minutes. The next time I'll make this when I'm home alone. 

Instead of using sour cream, I used Kesem. I google translate for kesem which in English means curd. My husband told me it's much healthier than sour cream and it's a Swedish thing. So I tried it, taste better than sour cream, healthier, and cheaper. 



Ingredients for easy cheesecake dip

2/3 cup Philadelphia cream cheese at room temperature
1/2 cup Vanilla Kesem (vanilla curd)
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tablespoon vanilla powder sugar
1/2 tablespoon lemon juice


In a large bowl combined first 4 ingredients, with an electric whisk, whisk until semi smooth. Then drizzle lemon juice and whisk again for a minute or two. Top with any crumble cookies or crushed graham crackers and serve as dip or make cheesecake with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment