About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Friday, July 19, 2013

Watermelon, strawberries, lemonade smoothies....

 I woke up this morning and I thought why not make some fruity smoothies but I need to buy some fruit and my husband wanted me to go and buy grocery while I was up. He was out of coffee and I'm not a coffee drinker but anything for him. I made a list, got ready, and took 2 of my kids with me while the littlest one was at home with her dad. While I parked my car in the parking lot I forgot my list, my phone, and my B&N nook. I was so distracted, good thing I have a good memory but when I got home one thing I forgot was COFFEE. Most of the time when I'm buying grocery I forget to pick up coffee, he knows I don't drink coffee. 
 I bought fresh Norwegian strawberries. Norwegian strawberries this year are one of the best strawberries I've had in a while. It's so sweet.
I miss Maine strawberries. I don't even remember how they even taste. I should plan a trip to Maine hopefully soon. My kids and my husband really miss it. 

For my smoothie. I used fresh watermelon, fresh Norwegian strawberries, lime juice, ice cubes, frozen strawberries. 

For dinner I had made slow cooked chicken Philly 3 cheese sandwiches. 

2 lbs chicken breast, sliced, seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder, steak seasoning,  diced onions, diced green bell peppers, minced garlic placed in a slow cooker and slow cooked for 4 hours. I used the left over broth from the slow cooked chicken and made into dipping sauce for the sandwiches.  I used mozzarella cheese, bacon cheese slices, and Jarlsberg cheese in fresh baked baguettes. Served with a side of sauteed green beans with sliced onions, minced garlic, spekeskinke, salt, pepper, seasoning sauce, paprika, plant margarine, little brown sugar, and a little dash of white wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment