About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Friday, June 14, 2013

Food for thought

I haven't been updating my blog for a while because I had a lot going on. Had my ups and down moments.. ..but I have been making pretty good food the past weeks and I wanted to share with you.

Homemade peppers, onions, steak, and cheese.
Beef Gyros. When my parents came to visit me in Oslo during last Christmas. My dad asked me if there were any gyros stand in town. There wasn't but there are middle eastern version of it and they are every where. I thought of my dad when I made my son a healthy steak gyros with my low fat Greek dressing served with side of salad.
Asian style steak and egg sandwich. I had about 4 kilos of beef, 2 kilos of chicken breast, kilo of ground pork in my freezer. So during the past weeks I had made many dishes with beef, pork and chicken. 
Crispy country style chicken breast, homemade stuffing, potatoes, cream of spinach.
A Cambodian way to make steaks, my sweet and spicy tamarind steaks served with steamed jasmine rice and side salad. 
Cambodian grilled spicy lemon grass beef kabobs and grilled tamarind chicken served with rice, cucumbers, and pahok.
My Polynesian style meat balls.
Red wine steaks with scallop potatoes and cream spinach sauce.
My Cambodian roast duck. I wanted to make roast duck because I missed those roast ducks in China town, Boston.
Asian beef burgers stuffed in fresh baked baguette with lettuce, cucumbers, mayonnaise, soy sauce, hot sauce.
Asian style tamarind pork burgers stuffed in fresh baked baguette with lettuce, cucumbers, mayonnaise, soy sauce, hot sauce.
Homemade mini chocolate chip peanut butter cheesecake cookie balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment