About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Monday, April 29, 2013

Stir fry ground pork with bok choy and rice flake


Something quick and easy for dinner. Stir fried ground pork with bok choy and rice flake.
I bought most of my ingredients at the Asian Market. They have awesome and great quality of fresh produce. I just love going there. I was craving for some noodle dish today. So I drove all the way to Hoang Asia Mat at Sandvika. 

Ingredients
1 medium onion, chopped
3 clove garlic, minced
1/2 to 1 tablespoon red curry paste
1 tablespoon fresh chopped coriander
1/2 cup fresh bean sprouts
1 large bok choy, chopped
1 package rice flake
1 package ground pork
oyster sauce, fish sauce, soy sauce 
sugar
cornstarch
black pepper
turmeric powder

Minced garlic, chopped onion, chopped fresh coriander
 Fresh bean sprouts and fresh bok choy
 A package of Rice Flake 
 400g Ground Pork. I seasoned with oyster sauce, salt, pepper, seasoning sauce, corn starch, and turmeric powder.
 In a skillet on high heat add 1 tablespoon coconut oil, when oil is hot add minced garlic, chopped onions
 Stirred in a tablespoon red curry paste
 Stir in seasoned ground pork, mix well, cook until tender for 7 minutes
 Add in fresh bok choy
 Stir well, add 1 tablespoon seasoning sauce/soy sauce, 2 tablespoons fish sauce, and 1 tablespoon sugar. Stir and mix well, lower heat, let simmer for 10 minutes
Mean while cook the rice flake and drain
 Stir cooked rice flake into the ground pork mixture. Add in fresh bean sprouts and fresh chopped coriander. Bring heat back to medium. Seasoned with a little more seasoning sauce, fish sauce, a little sugar,  ground black pepper. Add in chopped fresh Chinese spring onions. Stir and cook for another 4 minutes.



 I served a little of stir fried dish with steamed rice and Asian style salmon.
Or served with a side of my homemade pork springrolls


No comments:

Post a Comment