About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Slow cooked Maple Wine Pork tenderloin

 This was what I made for my husband after coming home from work. He is one lucky man to have me in his life. Maine Maple Syrup, Apples, Wine, Pork tenderloin slow cooked. Served with steam broccoli, steamed long grain rice, entrecote, and a glass of red wine. 

I had pork tenderloin in my fridge and used what I had in my kitchen. 


 This is about 1.5 lb Danish pork tenderloin

1 1/2 lb Pork Loin
2 Italian Red Delicious Apples, sliced thin
Onions, sliced thin


 I made my marinade first and placed pork into the marinade, soaking for an hour. Made 4 slits on the pork to place apple slices in.

For my marinade.
 2-3 tablespoons Maine Maple Syrup
1 tablespoon Worcestershire's sauce
1/2 tablespoon dried Thyme
Salt & Pepper
1 teaspoon seasoning salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/3 cup Red Wine (Lyngrove)
1 package Santa Maria garlic marinade
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Apple and onion slices on the bottom of my pan. Placed pork on top, then sliced apples into the slits. Topped with more apples and onion slices. Pour my marinade over with some more red wine.  Covered and slowed cooked for several hours
Several hours later. 
Using the marinade as sauce. I cooked in a skillet with onions and a little dash of corn flour to make the sauce thicken. 
This turned out pretty yummy. I will definitely make this again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment