About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Stir fry ground pork with sauteed peanut sauce

I was too tired to make dinner the other day. I just wanted to make something quick and simple for dinner. I had ground pork in my fridge so I made something my family would love. Stirred fried ground pork with peanut sauce served with steamed jasmine rice. I was told  it was yummy. The next time I make this dish I should make more of it.

1 1/2 lbs fresh ground pork seasoned with salt, pepper, and seasoning sauce)
1 onion, minced
3 clove garlic, minced
1 large shallot, minced
teaspoon minced red chili pepper (optional)
1/2 to 1 tablespoon turmeric power
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1/2 cup homemade peanut sauce (http://sorieyahomemadecooking.blogspot.no/2012/06/panko-coconut-tempura-pork-with.html)

In a wok heat up 1-2 tablespoons cooking oil. Add in pork, onion, garlic, shallots, red pepper, turmeric powder. Stir and cook for 8 minutes until pork is cooked through, then add in sugar and fish sauce. Cook for another minute or so. Stir in peanut sauce. Stir and mix well for 5 minutes. Serve with steamed rice and salad.

Next time I make this I would add some Asian eggplants and a little coconut milk.


No comments:

Post a Comment