About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Saturday Chocolate Chip Pancakes

Saturday morning, we wanted to go to the duck pond today and feed ducks but it's snowing outside. We thought it would be sunny out because this past week the weather was so nice and spring feeling. The weather here is very unpredictable. So we decided to just stay in and have a cozy time. My kids and a little bear friend helped me make chocolate chip American pancakes. 

Ingredients
1 cup milk
3 tablespoons white vinegar

1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
3 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 eggs
1-2 tablespoons butter at room temperature

1/2 cup chocolate morsels

non stick skillet

In a bowl add in a cup of milk and white vinegar. Let stand for 5 minutes and set a side.
In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients. Crack in the eggs, add in the milk mixture, and butter. Whisk to combine everything well. The batter will be a little lumpy. Pour in chocolate morsels and mix to the batter.

Heat a non stick skillet over medium heat. Spray with a little Pam spray, then ladle in half cup of pancake batter and swirl into the center of the skillet. Cook one side until little bubble start to appear then flip over and cook for another 4 minutes. Serve with Maine Maple Syrup. 

I made my kids dog shape pancakes and heart shape pancakes and we decorate it with sprinkles, fruits... We had a lot of fun......







No comments:

Post a Comment