About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Breakfast/Brunch Pie

Last week my husband asked me, " You should make some dinner pie in your kitchen to sell". That's what I did. I made my dough and used bacon sausages, bacon, eggs, cheese, broccoli, seasonings, cream.... it's like a quiche but I made a gigantic one. I really wanted to use spinach (Chicken Creamy Spinach Pie)  but my husband told me Norwegian don't use so much spinach. I was like don't people want to be as strong as Popeye?  Lesson learn when I'm making food for a gathering or selling I should make extra for myself.

For my pie crust
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
1/3 cup butter
1/2 cup shredded cheese ( I used Jarlsberg)
2/3 cup ice water

In a bowl mixed flour, salt, and baking powder, then add shortening and crumbled butter into the flour mixture. I mixed and knead with my hands. Add ice water to moisten the dough. Then dumped dough out onto floured surface and knead dough into a ball. Wrapped dough in plastic and rest for an hour.

Remove from plastic wrap and back on the floured surface. I rolled and knead my pastry dough into a large rectangle shape. Then transferred pastry dough in a baking dish and I used a fork to make little holes.
I prepared my pie filling.

Pie Filling
6-7 eggs
1 tablespoon Worcestershire's sauce
3 tablespoons water
Seasoning salt
Freshly ground black pepper


Diced small onions

2 clove minced garlic

1 lb bacon sausage case removed and chopped into bite size pieces

1 cup cooked broccoli florets, cut into bite size pieces

1 cup shredded cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3/4 cup måt flote (food cream)
3/4 cup milk
6-8 slices of bacon ( I cooked earlier)

In a bowl, whisked in eggs, worcesthire sauce, water, seasoning salt and pepper together and set a side.

Saute onions and garlic until tendered and seasoned with salt and pepper. Removed from heat and set a side.

In a large bowl, mixed sausages, broccoli, cheeses, sauteed onions and garlic together. Then pour in egg mixture and combined.

In my baking dish with my pastry crust. Poured in my filling evenly onto the pastry crust. Placed slices of cooked bacon on top. Topped with more cheese. Baked in the oven for 1 hour until center is cooked through and top is slightly golden. Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment