About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Vegetable Ramen Soup

 This winter has not been easy, caught another cold symptoms. Now I have another ear infection and sore throat. I need to go somewhere warm and away from all this sickness. It's an on and off with these cold flu since December. I didn't feel like cooking something big and needed something quick so I made vegetable ramen soup which helped soothe my sore throat.

This also reminded me when I was in elementary school in ESL class, it was Thanksgiving week and each of us should bring 1 ramen package, we would prep to make this big pot of vegetable ramen noodle soup (chopped vegetables, big soup pot) that's all I can remember. It was so long ago.

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, diced
2 carrots, diced
1 stalk celery, diced
2 tablespoons vegetable bouillon drikke (powdered vegetable drink you can find in the soup/broth section at Meny)
salt & pepper
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
1/2 cup frozen snow peas and corn, defrost
3 cups chicken broth
2 packages ramen noodle
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
1/2 teaspoon chili oil
Couple tablespoons lime juice from fresh lime
teaspoon sesame oil

Chopped cilantro and 2 greens onions.


In a large pot over medium heat add in a tablespoon vegetable oil and chopped onions, carrots, and celery saute for 7 minutes until soft, then seasoned with salt, pepper, and bouillon drikke. 

Add diced tomatoes, corn, snow peas, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil.

Add soy sauce, chili oil, ginger, and lime juice.

 Add in noodles, stir to break up noodles. Reduce heat to medium. 

Simmer, uncovered for 3-5 minutes.

Stir in sesame oil

Serve immediately (topped with chopped cilantro and chopped green onion)

could also top with sliced boiled eggs, smoked slice ham, or left over chicken.


No comments:

Post a Comment