About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Homemade croissant Cinnamon Rings

This is simple and easy to make. I made croissant cinnamon rings. Perfect with a cup of coffee. 

Croissant dough
1 cup warm whole milk
1-2 tablespoons sugar
1 package yeast

1 cup flour
3/4 cup whole milk at room temperature
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup melted butter

3-4 cups flour (all purpose flour)
1 cup chilled butter

tablespoons melt butter in a bowl and a brush

In a large mixing bowl, mix in warm milk and sugar together. Add yeast and let stand for 10 minutes, then stir well. Add in flour, mix well. Add in milk, sugar, and egg. Mix until smooth. Add in butter mix well agian and set a side.

In another mixing bowl, add in 4 cup of flour and chilled butter. Cut butter into the flour (small size but not too small) Then pour the liquid batter into the flour/butter mixture. Stir until moistened and form into a ball, cover bowl, refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.

On a floured board, knead dough, and divide into 4 parts. 


 Rolled each dough into rectangle

Brushed with butter and sprinkled with mixed cinnamon, brown sugar, and, nutmeg


Then roll each into log and formed into a doughnut/bagel shape. Place each on a baking sheet in a baking pan.

Brushed each with melted butter and sprinkled some cinnamon powder. Bake in the oven at 225 degrees C and bake for 20 minutes until golden. I didn't make any icing but it would of taste great if I poured a little icing on each cinnamon rings.




No comments:

Post a Comment