About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Monday, February 11, 2013

Chocolate Crepes with marmalade sauce


Homemade chocolate crepes with orange marmalade sauce was for breakfast this morning. This was perfect for a lousy Monday morning. After a relaxing weekend, then comes Monday morning. It seem that mostly every weekends goes by fast when living in Norway. 


Ingredients for crepes
1 cup flour
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
4 large eggs
3 tablespoon melted butter

In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients, with an electric whisk on high speed, whisk all ingredients for about 2+ minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes.

Heat up non-stick skillet over medium heat, lightly coat with Pam spray. Add 1/3 cup of batter, swirl to completely cover skillet. Cook for about 2-4 minutes until underside of crepe starts to become lightly brown, loosen the edge of crepe with a spatula, lift up, flip over, and cook for another 2 minutes. Repeat until all crepes are done. Sprinkle powder sugar on top of crepes and drizzle orange marmalade sauce. 


Orange Marmalade Sauce 
In a bowl combine 1/2 cup heavy cream, 2-3 tablespoons sugar, 4-5 tablespoons orange marmalade. Whisk well until slightly thickens. Drizzle over crepes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment