About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Monday, February 25, 2013

Blueberry Oats Coffee Cake

Today is such a beautiful day. It was warm outside, birds were singing, sunshine shining on the snow and I didn't have to button my jacket. I drove with my windows down. Took a couple deep breath. Smell the fresh air, beautiful scenery. It's not so bad living in Oslo. My cold is tampering off. My favorite seasons are spring and autumn. Not a big fan of winter and summer. It's either too cold or too hot. I'm glad I'm not in New England right now with all the snow.

After work I went into my kitchen in my kantina and baked Blueberry Oat coffee cake and chocolate chip muffins.

What inspired me to make blueberry coffee cake 
http://whatmerrymakes.com/2013/02/24/a-healthier-blueberry-almond-coffee-cake/
&
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/granite-steps-country-blueberry-coffee-cake-recipe/index.html

Ingredients for blueberry oat coffee cake

2 medium eggs
1/2 cup whole milk
1/2 cup greek yogurt or vanilla yogurt
1/4 cup vanilje kesam (optional)
4 tablespoons vegetable oil

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup AXA Great. Blueberry Apricot Havregrøt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

1 1/2 cup frozen blueberry (I would of used fresh blueberries but they are out of season)

1 tablespoon flour
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon sugar
slices almonds
chopped peanuts
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
honey


In a large mixing bowl combine and whisk well the first 5 ingredients. Set a side.


In another mixing bowl sift flour, havregrøt, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, salt. Then pour in the egg mixture into the flour mixture. Whisk to combine well until moistened, then toss in blueberries, fold into the batter.

Pour batter into a cake form.


In a small bowl stir together flour, brown sugar, sugar, sliced almonds, chopped peanuts, ground cinnamon, and drizzle some honey.


Then sprinkle over batter.


In the oven at 190 degrees C, bake for 45 minutes until center is cooked through.

Remove from oven, let cool for 15 minutes. 


My homemade chocolate chip muffin batter

Homemade Chocolate Chip Muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment