About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Monday, February 25, 2013

3 different rice noodle dishes

During the weekend I didn't want to go grocery shopping. I find it very stressful shopping on Saturdays. I just hate waiting in LONG lines and crowdedness. On Sundays most stores are closed just the little grocery stores are open. My husband would do the shopping on the weekends and I do the shopping during weekdays. Anyways I used what I had in my kitchen at home. 3 ways to use rice noodles. I made a simple chicken broth using whole chicken, herbs, seasoning, vegetables, fish sauce, soy sauce......With the cooked chicken in the soup pot I made into Chicken soup with rice noodles, cold Asian noodles with chicken, and fresh spring rolls with chicken, rice noodles, and with homemade dipping sauce.
1 whole chicken, skin remove, cut into pieces
2 clove garlic, minced
2 celery stalks, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
1 onion, chopped
2-3 chicken bouillon cubes
4-6 cup water
2 pieces thin fresh slice ginger
2 star anise
1 whole cinnamon
1/2 or 1 tablespoon sugar
couple tablespoons fish sauce
1 tablespoon seasoning sauce or soy sauce

In a large bowl seasoned chicken with salt, pepper, seasoning salt, paprika, and drizzle a little Worcestershire sauce, mixed well with my hands, and set aside.

In a soup pot I add in a tablespoon vegetable oil, just covering the bottom of my soup pot, then add slices of onions, chopped celery and chopped carrots. Place seasoned chicken on top of the vegetables, top with more onions, and add in chicken bouillon, slice ginger, star anise, and cinnamon. Place soup pot on medium to high heat for about 3-4 minute then pour in water, cover, and let boil for 10 minutes. Reduce heat, add in sugar, fish sauce, and soy sauce. Let soup simmer for half hour to 40 minutes. I remove cooked chicken from soup. I had about 1 1/2 cup of cooked shredded chicken..............

 ..........With left over chicken I made chicken soup with rice noodle topped with green onions. Taste almost like Pho Ga (Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup). Could top with fresh basil, cilantro, chopped chili, and fried garlic.
I would buy Pho Ga at this Japanese take away at Sandvika Storsenter or I would buy Mama's noodle Pho Ga at the Asian Market near by cost only 12krs- when I don't feel like making this.

2nd dish I made was Fresh Vietnamese Spring rolls. I made about 5 of these, with fresh bean sprouts, rice noodle, chicken, lettuce, shredded cucumbers, coriander. Serve with homemade sweet fish chili sauce. I got the dipping sauce recipe from my mom.

The last thing I made was cold Asian noodles with shredded chicken, peanuts, lettuce, cucumbers, bean sprouts, sweet chili sauce......

No comments:

Post a Comment