About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Friday, January 25, 2013

What's happening in my little kantina

My 3 little tired munchkins while driving to work. It's a shocking all 3 of them napping at the same time. I got a little quietness for half hour.

I have been busy these past weeks making food for my little kantina, doing errands, picking my son up from school, helping him with his homework, taking them to work with me while prepping in my kitchen. But today is my day off and I have the time to share what I have been up to. It's exhausting but I just love being in the kitchen. I had been baking and cooking a lot. The pictures on the bottom are somethings that I have made and sold in my kantina. Homemade blueberry muffins, chocolate chip muffins, brownies, tex-mex mini cups, and hot pockets. I'm mostly making American and Asian food. Not so much Norweigan food, just Norwegian waffles serve with jam and goat cheese. Later on this year I will slowly introduce some American pancakes, homemade American bagels, pies, soft pretzel, wraps, stews, soups, smoothies, homemade lemonade, and other stuff. 

My husband was the one who persuade me to manage the kantina for his martial art institute. I wasn't sure if it would go well because my food might be too American but it's going well and people are willing to try it which is a start. My husband is very optimistic about it and think it will go great. I wish I had that positive thinking. He's more positive than I am. I'm more pessimistic because that is how I am. 





A sample from yesturday of what was on my little menu.

Soya Kung Food Kitchen
Open from 18:00-21:30



Hungry and didn’t have time to eat? Need something quick? Well you are welcome to check out what’s in the kitchen.




American Blueberry Muffins with a side of coffee  20kr
American Chocolate Chip Muffins with side of coffee 20kr
Chocolate Chip Brownies 15kr

Mini Tex-Mex (re fried beans, beef, corn, red bell pepper, onions in a wonton cup) topped with mozzarella cheese and salsa. 20kr for 2

Hot pockets Broccoli, cheddar cheese, and ham in a croissant pastry20kr

Pizza Hot pockets (pepperoni & salami, marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese) in a croissant pastry 20kr

No comments:

Post a Comment