About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Friday, January 18, 2013

Crispy chicken breast served with creamy spinach with macaroni and steamed broccoli


 Everything is so expensive in Norway. Yeah, I know the cost of living is high because of the high income... blah, blah, blah. I have lived here for a while now and I will never get use to the prices. I wish I could drive to a grocery store back in the States and couple hours later I'm back in my little kitchen in Norway. Most of the time I have to go to at least to 3 different grocery stores to get exactly what I need. It's very annoying, wasting time and gas. Don't get me started with the gas prices here. 

What I don't like about Norway is the high prices on food and mostly everything else, it's way too expensive so it's rare for my family back in the States to come visit me who I barely get to see, it's hard to save, it's way too cold for me but other than that Norway isn't so bad. It's a beautiful country, with the scenery and  people here are very friendly. 

The other day I made Crispy chicken breast served with creamy spinach with macaroni and steamed broccoli. I'm definitely going to make this again. My kids loved it even my littlest one ate a lot of it. I bought all my ingredients at Rimi. They had all I need and had some good offer. 


Ingredients for Crispy Chicken Breast

2 lb chicken breast

tablespoon Old bay seasoning
Salt
Freshly ground black pepper
 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
tablespoon paprika
tablespoon dried parsley, flake
1-2 tablespoons Worcestershire's Sauce
1 tablespoon lemon juice

3 tablespoons mayonnaise

Seasoned bread crumbs

2 tablespoon butter


I sliced my chicken breasts in halves and lay each side by side flat on a cutting board, covered with plastic wrap (covering the whole board). I used back side of a  pan and pound chicken breast so it would be less thick. I seasoned with old bay seasoning, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, dried parsley flake, lemon juice, Worcestershire's sauce. Mixed well with my hands afterwards I added in mayonnaise mixed well again. Then coated marinaded chicken breast in seasoned bread crumbs. In a pan, heated 2 tablespoons butter over medium/high heat. Cooked chicken breast until gold crispy/cooked through on each side for about 7-8 minutes  Served with creamy spinach macaroni and steamed broccoli. 


1 comment:

  1. Great work! Several of your lunch packs are close to art.

    ReplyDelete