About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Homemade mini chicken meatballs and homemade tomato sauce

Today for dinner I made homemade mini chicken meatballs, homemade tomato sauce, served over fresh homemade pasta. My kids loved it especially my youngest 1 1/2 year old daughter. She kept screaming every time she didn't have any pasta in her little mouth. I was surprised myself because she is picky with her food. My husband wanted seconds but I had to lie to him and said I didn't make so much. Leftover is in a sealed container and put away so my husband has no idea where it is. Only I do.


Mini Chicken meatballs
800 grams fresh ground chicken
1/2 cup bread crumbs
2 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons minced onion
2 clove garlic, minced
salt & pepper for taste
1/2 tablespoon lemon pepper
tablespoon seasoning sauce
tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt


In a large bowl combine all ingredients well and form meat into small balls and set a side.


4 tablespoons olive oil.

Heat a sauce pan on medium/high heat. Add 4 tablespoons olive oil. When oil is hot cook mini chicken meatballs until golden about 4-6 minutes, repeat.

Place meatballs on a line paper towel to get rid of excess oil. Set a side.




With the same sauce pan that I cooked my chicken meatballs in, with the leftover olive oil, on high heat, I added in 1 onion minced. Stirred, sauteed for 8 minutes. I added in 2 tablespoons red wine, cooked and stirred for another 4 minutes. Then added in 2 clove minced garlic, stirred, cooked for another couple minutes until golden brown. Added 1 cup diced tomatoes, a can of whole plum tomatoes, tablespoons tomato puree, 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, seasoned with salt and pepper, and other seasoning. Sauce was a little thick so I added in about 1/3 cup pasta water. Added in mini chicken meatballs. Stirred, lowered heat, covered, and let simmer for 10 minutes. Served over fresh cooked pasta.




No comments:

Post a Comment