About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Friday, October 12, 2012

Stuffed Entrecote

Entrecote filled with smoked ham, bacon, feta cheese, Philadelphia cream cheese, cream, spinach, and broccoli.

8 slices bacon, chopped into small bite size
5 slices smoked ham, chopped small bite size
1 onion, chopped
1 glove garlic, minced
2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
100 gram Philadelphia cream cheese
1/2 cup måt fløte or cream
1 package baby spinach
1 cup lightly steamed chopped bite sized broccoli
pinch of salt
freshly ground black pepper

In a large pan on high heat. Heated 1 tablespoon olive oil. When hot I added in bacon and smoked ham. Cooked for 5 minutes.

Then added in chopped onions and minced garlic. Stirred and cooked for another 4-6 minutes.

Lowered heat to medium and stirred in crumbled feta cheese and cream cheese. Stirred well for 3 minutes.

Add in baby spinach, broccoli, cream, pinched of salt, and freshly ground pepper, stirred and mix everything well. Covered let simmer for 4-6 minutes.

Removed from heat and set a side.

I marinaded 4 entrecote for half hour. Then spread my cream bacon ham spinach/broccoli mixture on top of each entrecote. Rolled each steaks and pinned with tooth picks. Cooked stuffed entrecote on each side in a pan on high heat, ladle a bit of liquid from the bottom of the pan over the steaks. Covered and cooked about 7 minutes on each side. Placed stuffed entrecote on a cutting board and let rest for 6 minutes before slicing. In the same pan with leftover liquid from the steaks, on medium high heat I just added in about a cup of cream to make a sauce. Served with stuffed entrecote and potatoes.

With the left over cream ham, bacon, spinach, broccoli  mixture. You could make into twice baked potatoes. Baked the potatoes for 40 minutes until tendered. Removed potatoes from the oven. Set a side to cool off but still warm. Slice potatoes in half, scoop out inside the potatoes. Mashed together with the cream and vegetable mixture. Spooned back in the potato skins, sprinkled with shredded cheese and back in the oven. Bake for 10 minutes until the cheese has melted.

Or  you could use the left over cream ham, bacon, spinach, broccoli, mixture and mix it with fresh pasta. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 400 degress F. You have yourself a baked creamy bacon, spinach, and broccoli pasta casserole. 


No comments:

Post a Comment