About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Homemade pizza bagels


Today I made homemade pizza bagels for late dinner. This came out really yummy. I was surprised that my daughters ate one each because they really don't like pizza so much. It was a success with my kids and my husband thought it was delicious too and he loved the pizza sauce. 

1 red onion, sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, diced
1 cup prosciutto, chopped into small pieces
2 tablespoons tomato pure
14 oz tomato sauce
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

pepperoni
4 cheese shredded (mozzarella, cheddar, Jarlsberg, and norvegia)

In a large pan heat up a tablespoon olive oil on high heat. When oil was hot stirred in onion, bell peppers, and mushroom. Sauteed for 4-6 minutes, then added in chopped prosciutto and cooked for another 5 minutes. Stirred in tomato sauce and 2 tablespoons tomato pure, seasoned with a dash of salt, pepper, and Herbes De Provence with garlic. Lowered heat and cooked for 8 minutes and removed from heat.

Sliced my homemade bagels (12 slices), spread on each bagel slices with my sauce w/ vegetables and prosciutto. Added 2 slices of pepperoni on each bagels and topped with shredded 4 cheese. Placed on a baking rack and  baked in the oven on 400 degrees F for about 8 minutes until cheese melted.


Bagel
2 cups and 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
1 package active dry yeast
3/4 cup warm water
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt

In a large bowl I combined flour and yeast. Then mixed in water, tablespoon sugar, and salt together. Mixed with my hand and added enough flour to make a stiff dough. Turned dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until it was smooth and elastic. Then covered and let rest for 20 minutes.

Cut dough into 6 pieces. Shaped into smooth round ball. Made a hole in the center of dough ball with my finger and gently enlarge the whole just while shaping into a bagel. Covered again and let rise for another 20 minutes.

In large pot  boiled a liter water, then added a tablespoon baking soda, and a tablespoon sugar mixed well. Reduced heat to simmered.

I placed bagels into the water and cooked for 6 minutes, turning once. Drained and placed them on a greased baking sheet. I seasoned a few with some herbs and a little sea salt. Baked in the oven at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes. Removed from the oven and let cooled.








No comments:

Post a Comment