About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Chorizo pork pasta and bean soup

 It's so nice and quiet at the moment. My kids and husband are sleeping. I felt like this is the time I get to make post until the kids are awake. I wanted to share this because it's easy to make and my whole family loved it. A tasty soup for this great autumn weather. 
I diced chorizo sausages into bite size. I bought 2 packages at Meny grocery store because it was offer. 
400 gram fresh ground pork seasoned with salt, pepper, seasoning sauce, and other spices.
Chopped fresh vegetables into bite size. (3 carrots, 4 stalks celery, fennel, leek).
In a large soup pot I heated 2 tablespoons olive oil on high heat. I stirred in chorizo sausages and ground pork. Cooked until brown for 5 minutes. I removed meat from soup pot, placed meat in a bowl and set a side. Brought soup pot back on the stove and heated another tablespoon olive oil. Added in my vegetable, sauteed for about 4-5 minutes on medium/high heat. Then stirred in cooked sausages and pork. Stirred and mixed with a wooden spoon for 3 minutes. Added in 2 liter of chicken stock, a can of tomato sauce, and 3 cube of chicken bouillon. Stirred, covered, cooked for half hour. Then I added in fresh chopped garlic and other fresh herbs. Simmered for 40 minutes. Added in beans, covered and cook  another 10 minutes. Lowered heat, remove cover, stirred, and added in pasta and cook for about 5-7 minutes. Seasoned for taste. Ladled soup in a bowl and served with toasted sliced French baguettes.





My kids loved this soup. They love sausages, pork, and pasta. 

1 comment:

  1. Great article!

    Check out WWW.CHEFSILVA.COM we have a perfect alternative to buying fresh herbs that many times go to waste in your refrigerator!

    ReplyDelete