About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Pork coconut curry soup

 Pork coconut curry soup with rice noodle. It was very yummy but spicy. 

I bought 400grams pork loin from Meny at CC Vest shopping center. I think I paid 39kr per kilo. I sliced pork into bite size. Seasoned with 2 tablespoons curry powder, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, sugar, tablespoon fish sauce, dried red pepper flakes, tablespoon soy sauce. Mixed well with hand. Set a side.
About 2 1/2 tablespoons red curry paste. I used quite a bit of it. If you don't want it so spicy hot use less red curry paste.



1/2 cup of peanut sauce I made a day before.



1 onion, finely chopped
4 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon ginger, chopped
1 green bell pepper, finely chopped




 Fresh coriander.



In a large sauce pan on high heat, heated 2 tablespoons peanut oil, added in onion, garlic, green bell pepper, and ginger. Sauteed for 4 minutes.



Made a little center, pushed vegetable a side and added seasoned curry pork.




Stirred and cooked for another 5-7 minutes.



Then I stirred in peanut sauce and....




....added in red curry paste.



Stirred well, so everything is coated with peanut sauce and paste and cook for 6 minutes.
Poured in 2 cans coconut milk. Lowered heat, covered, and let simmered for 8 minutes.


I added 2 tablespoons fish sauce, more curry powder about 1 tablespoon, and a tablespoon sugar. Stirred in a handful chopped coriander. Covered and simmered for another 10 minutes or so.







While soup was simmering. In a pot, brought water to a boil, cooked rice noodle according to the directions. Drained.......



.....added cooked rice noodle to a soup bowl. Set a side.



For topping, a  handful fresh bean sprouts, lime wedges, and chopped spring onions.








Bowl with rice noodle, ladled curry soup over rice noodle. Topped with bean sprouts, spring onions, and a wedge lime. Served right away.


No comments:

Post a Comment