About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Homemade Cheesy Chicken Meatball

My kids love these cheesy chicken meatballs. I made extra for my husband when he get home from his game night. These cheesy meatballs could be for meatball subs, meatball sandwiches, meatball pizza, or spaghetti and meatballs.


I used 1 1/2 - 2lbs ground chicken seasoned with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, dash red pepper flakes black pepper, Italian seasoning, seasoning sauce. Then mixed with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, 1/4 cup cream cheese, 1/4 cup shredded Gouda cheese, fresh chopped parsley. Shaped to mini meatballs and coated them with seasoned breadcrumbs.






Cooked meatballs in olive oil on each side about 3 to 4 minutes. I laid them on a line paper towel to get rid of the excess oil. I made my pasta sauce.
Couple tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, minced
3 clove garlic, minced
less than half cup red wine
1 can crushed tomatoes
tomato paste
chopped fresh parsley
salt and pepper to taste



Heated olive oil in the same pan that I cooked my chicken meatballs. I added onions, stirred and cooked for 8 minutes, then added in garlic and cooked for 2 minutes. Added the wine and cooked on high heat for about 4 minutes. Stirred in tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley, salt, pepper and other herbs. I added tablespoons of cream, cream cheese and Parmesan cheese. Then added in meatballs to the sauce, covered and simmered on low heat for half hour. Served with cooked pasta and topped with grated Parmesan cheese.





No comments:

Post a Comment