About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Hearty Chicken Vegetable Noodle Soup

Hearty chicken vegetable noodle soup. My kids loved this and it's one of my favorites to make. I made this for my youngest because she had a flu. It's perfect for cold weather in Norway. Summer feeling in Norway only lasted for couple weeks.


1 whole roasted cut up chicken, deboned and skinned
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 onion peeled and finely diced
3 quarts water
2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon lemon pepper
dash red pepper flakes
3 glove garlic
3 bay leafs
4 chicken bouillon
salt & pepper

2 1/2 cups chopped carrots (bite size)
2 1/2 cups celery with leafy greens too
1 cup parsnip
2 cups fresh spinach
handful chopped fresh flat parsley leaves
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup Parmesan cheese
måt fløte(food cream) optional
1/2 cup red wine (Optional. I usually would add a little wine but I didn't this time)
salt and pepper.

2 cups fusilli pasta

I roasted my whole chicken the day before removed skin and deboned. One bowl with shredded chicken about (2-3 cups) set a side and I used the bones and chicken giblets for my chicken stock.

In a soup pot heated on medium/high heat olive oil  added onions and clove garlic. Cooked for 1-2 minutes. Added 3 quarts water, chicken bones, chicken giblets, bay leafs, chicken bouillon, herbs, lemon pepper, salt and pepper. Covered, boiled, then simmered for half hour.

Removed cover and using a straining ladle removed just the bone and bay leafs discard. Bring stock back to a boil and I added 2 cups pasta cook until tender and add my shredded chicken and let simmer for 15 minutes. Then added carrots, celery, parsnip cook until tender for about half hour. Added spinach, parsley, lemon juice, Parmesan cheese, mat fløte, salt and pepper. Stir and simmer for 3 minutes.  Served with a side of  french bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment