About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Friday, May 25, 2012

Lunch


I woke up around 5am craving for this. Chicken, cucumber, avocado rolls.

I used roasted chicken breast thinly sliced, thin sliced cucumber, fresh avocados, and a little mayonnaise. I'm not so into raw seafood but someday I'll give it a try. Topped with sesame seed, served with sushi ginger, soy sauce, and wasabi. So yummy. My kids and I love this but............................

For my husband, instead of chicken rolls. I've made his kind of lunch a hoagie. No, he didn't have them both. He wished he did but one was saved by me for my kids. Top one is with homemade roasted ham and the bottom is salami and turkey cold cuts.

I'm usually doing my grocery shopping at Meny in CC Vest shopping center in Oslo. It has mostly everything I need. A lot of varieties on American products and a great selection on international food (Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese, Indian, Italian, and Mexican). The prices are ridiculously high but it kind of feels like home. The staffs at Meny are so nice and helpful. My husband on the other hand, not a big fan because of the prices but he is always happy everytime I prepare the food.

Meny CC Vest
Lilleakerveien 16
Oslo
http://meny.no/
http://ccvest.no

There are 2 Asian markets that I go to. One is near Sandvika and the other is in Oslo. I usually do my shopping there just to get the exotic stuff for my Asian dish. Both markets have a wide selection of mostly everything. The prices are not so bad on the fresh produce, they keep great care of their fruits and vegetables.  My favorites to buy are snacks and drinks. It reminds me of my childhood.

 Thai Strawberry Fanta and Aloe Vero Drink


 Seaweed Tempura Spicy Flavor (very addicting and one of my favorites)


 Childhood snake Prawn Crackers. My kids also love these





Asia Supermarket
Trondheimsveien 43
Oslo, Norway
http://www.asiasupermarket.no/

The other Asian Market is located at 
Folangerveien
1337 Sandvika, Norway

No comments:

Post a Comment