About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Barbecue Sauce





Left over grill ribs and I turned them into a BBQ rib & sunny side grilled sandwich for lunch. I made homemade barbecue sauce which came out yummy.


Ingredients
1/2 onion, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 cup bourbon
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon sweet paprika
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
2 cup ketchup
1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 tablespoon liquid smoke flavoring
1 tablespoon Worcestershire's sauce
3 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons molasses




In a large skillet over medium heat, heated 1 tablespoon cooking oil, I add the minced onion and garlic stir for couple minutes, then stirred in my bourbon and let simmer for 8 minutes. Then I mixed in ground black pepper, salt, cayenne pepper, sweet paprika, ketchup, Dijon mustard, vinegar, liquid smoke, Worcestershire sauce, honey, brown sugar, and molasses. Bring to a boil and reduced heat to medium low and let simmer for 15 minutes. Transfer sauce to a food processor and puree until smooth. Pour into a container or bowl and let cool at room tempurature. Sauce goes great with grilled chicken and pork ribs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment