About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Dennis homemade pizza muffins and mommy's pecan dessert


Today my son and I made mini pizza muffin. He was the one that made the most and I was the one supervising. He told me he had made cookies, cakes, hot dogs at his former barnehagen. It was so cute and nice spending quality time with him. This fall he is starting school. I'm a little sad that my first baby is growing up so fast. 








For dessert I made caramel glazed pecan with thick vanilla sauce. I added pecan nuts with 2 tablespoons  caramel sauce and 1 tablespoon brown sugar in a bowl. Mixing with a spoon, coating every pecans. Made some thick vanilla sauce. Added vanilla sauce in a bowl and topped with glazed pecan. Covered and stored in the freezer for half hour before serving. I didn't get the chance to have any but my husband and son sure did.



No comments:

Post a Comment