About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Crispy Southwestern Chicken Wontons

I wanted to make these for my kids. I found this recipe from http://www.kevinandamanda.com/recipes/dinner/crispy-southwestern-wontons.html
I added some other things to it because I wanted a little more spice. It came out great. My kids loved it even with a little hotness. Also saved a batch for my husband when he comes home from his board game night at his brother.



In a large bowl mixed 2 cups shredded chicken from a whole roasted chicken. I roasted mine day before. De bone and shredded into small bite size. Added 1 cup black beans, 1 cup corn kernel, 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper, 1 package knorr dry herb dressing, 2 cups of shredded 3 cheese (mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, and Norvegia cheese) 2 tablespoons minced jalapenos, 1 tablespoon seasoning sauce, 1 tablespoon sweet paprika, 1 teaspoon sugar, salt & pepper to taste.







Knorr dry herb dressing.




2X wonton pastry package
Placed a small spoonful about a teaspoon of my  chicken mixture in the center of wonton pastry.
Rub egg/water mixture on each side of wonton pastry










Then folded over, sealed edges tightly, forming a triangle and just gently pressed out any extra air pockets.

I made a lot of them.
In a large pot filled vegetable oil half way, heat pot on medium/high heat. Waited until oil was hot then added about 5 wontons and fried them for 2 minutes. Flipped them over and cook for another 1-2 minutes and placed on a rack to cool and continued with rest.





Served on a nice plate with sweet and sour sauce and homemade dipping sauce. This is great for party or family gathering.

For homemade dipping sauce

1 cup creme fraiche
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1-2 tablespoons ketchup (optional)
3 tablespoon sun dried tomatoes
1 tablespoon lime juice
2 tablespoon dried banana pepper (optional)
3 tablespoon red wine
                                                                                    1 tablespoon garlic, minced

In a food processor combined all ingredients, pour into a container, covered, refrigerated for 3 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment