About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Friday, May 18, 2012

Cole slaw like you get in the restaurant


1 head cabbage, diced 
4 carrots 
1 medium onion, minced
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup light milk
cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
1/4 cup butter milk
tablespoons white vinegar
tablespoons lemon juice

  • Finely diced cabbage and carrots using a box grater over a large bowl, added minced onions. Mix vegetable well with a large spoon. Set aside. In a medium bowl I added rest of the ingredients (sugar, salt, pepper, milk, mayonnaise, butter milk, vinegar, lemon juice) stir well until smooth and pour mixture into vegetable mixture. Mix well with spoon, covered bowl and refrigerated overnight before serving.








I made this cole slaw yesterday for barbecuing and celebrating Norwegian Independence Day, 17th of May. It taste almost like KFC cole slaw. So I made BBQ grilled chicken burger slaw. My kids and especially my son liked it a lot. Strange because they are the most pickiest eater.

No comments:

Post a Comment