About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Sunday, April 15, 2012

My Lani's first birthday cookies and cream sandwiches



I made her mini cookie and cream sandwiches resembling cookie monster for her first birthday. I can't wait for her to see it. She loves cookies.

Today is my Leilani's first birthday. She surprisingly came 2 months early, premature. It was such a quick delivery. She had been through so much beginning of her life. I never got to hold her the day she was born. Those 2 hours when she stopped breathing, we thought we lost her. It was mind blowing that she had this illness, we never knew, and had to have surgery 3 days after she was born. I had been through this before with Rebecka, it was a little different with Leilani because we never expected this. Just being beside her, watching her through this glass over her bed, medical wires, feeding tube, such a tiny baby with all these things while slowly healing from her surgery. It was heart breaking that I couldn't hold her and comfort her. She is my little miracle. I'm so thankful for those surgeons and nurses at UllevÄl hospital for fixing and taking wonderful care of her. I will always be thankful. Without them she wouldn't be here. Now she is healthy, happy, beautiful 1 year old girl. I'm sad that she is not a baby anymore. Happy 1st Birthday to my Leilani!

No comments:

Post a Comment