About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Friday, April 27, 2012

Friday's dinner and dessert



I wanted to have something simple and nothing heavy. So I made this simple Asian chicken soup (homemade chicken broth, whole chicken cut up seasoned with soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar, lime juice, salt, pepper, other spices. Served with rice noodle, bean sprouts, slices chicken breast, chopped green onions. It also went well with cooked hot jasmine rice. This was perfect for this cold cloudy weather.


For dessert I made homemade chocolate cheesecake with fresh strawberries drizzled with chocolate. I made it into a heart shape. Norwegian strawberries are so sweet. It's something special. Taking a bite of this dessert is heaven in your mouth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment