About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Bread Crusted Pesto Cod


I'm not so much into seafood but I do make yummy fish dishes and this would be one of them. It's bread crusted pesto cod served with baked potatoes and steam vegetable. My husband was shocked. He always does this when I make fish. He thought it would turn out gross but the taste smacked him in the face. He said to me, " This was so delicious and we are going to have fish 3 times a week."

I always get that weird look from people when I tell them I don't like seafood. Just because I'm from Maine doesn't mean I like seafood.



Homemade basil pesto
3 cups fresh basil leaves
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
4 cloves garlic, peeled
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 cup olive oil
salt and pepper

In a food processor, blend together basil leaves, walnuts, garlic, and parmesan. Pour in olive oil slowly while processor is set on slow mxing program. Add in salt and pepper for taste and stir well.



Cod

1 cup panko breadcrumbs
3 Tablespoons melted unsalted butter
2 teaspoon grated lemon zest 
1 tablespoon lemon juice
salt and pepper
6 cod fillets about 1 1/2 inch thick
2/3 cup homemade basil pesto (optional)


Place rack in the center of the oven and heat to 400 degree F.

In a medium bowl combine breadcrumbs, butter, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Stir well and add salt and pepper.

Season cod with salt and pepper on every side. Placed cod fillets on a lighly buttered lined 13 x 9  baking pan with foil. I also placed lemon slices underneath fillets. Added pesto on top of fillets than topped with panko topping. Cover and place in oven for about 10 minutes. Back in oven, back until bread crumbs turn golden brown. Served immediately with baked potatoes and steamed vegetables.




No comments:

Post a Comment