About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Recipe for my homemade fruity cheesecake pancakes

I had leftover fruit and cheesecake filling so I thought let make pancakes out of them and they turned out great. This is perfect for Sunday brunch.


In a bowl I mixed 3/4 cup lettmelk 1% fett ( light/skim milk) and 2 tablespoon white vinegar to make similar to buttermilk taste.

In a large bowl I combined and whisk 1 cup flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 large egg, and 2 tablespoon melted plant margarine.

Here is my pancake batter not from the box!

My first pancake. In a skillet heat up on medium heat I added 1 tablespoon margarine or spray cooking spray. I didn't have any left so I had to grease it up with plant margarine. 3 minutes after I poured in my first ladle of my pancake batter and cook until I saw little bubbles and flipped to the other side and cook for about 2-3 minutes.






I transfer each pancake onto a plate topping each with cheesecake filling ( I have my cheesecake filling recipe on my other blogs) Spreading evenly out.
Topped with blueberries and sliced strawberries.

Continued 4x more.........

Delicious should have once in a while or during the weekend mini fruity cheesecake pancakes.


No comments:

Post a Comment