About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Easy homemade pasta alfredo

Quick and Easy Homemade Pasta Alfredo


I was extremely tired yesterday. I spent hours fixing my Internet cable for my husband. I'm always fixing things. I was also looking for the remote, have no idea where I placed it. My 2 daughters were going through their tantrums again, and cleaning and picking up toys and everywhere else. For dinner I made pasta Alfredo. This was so quick and easy to make. It took less than 12 minutes. It was yummy too.

400 grams linguine
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 cup Måt flote
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 tablespoon Philadelphia cream cheese
2 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup shredded cheese
pinch nutmeg
salt and white pepper

In a large pot bring water to a boil then add tablespoon salt and drizzle some olive oil. Then add linguine, cook until tender for about 7 minute and drain. While waiting for the pasta to cook. In a heavy large skillet stir in heavy cream, måt flote, lemon juice. Add butter and cream cheese and cook over medium heat and stir occasionally so butter and cheese melts about 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Add pasta to the sauce and toss together. Add more cream if needed. Add Parmesan cheese, shredded cheese, nutmeg, and salt & pepper to the pasta. Toss the pasta mixture over low heat until sauce has thickens about a minute, serve and top with chopped parsley or chives.

No comments:

Post a Comment