About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Coconut Chicken Bites

This is one of my family's favorite. My homemade coconut chicken bites. It's pretty easy to make and so addicting. Goes well with sweet chili sauce. Could also have it as it is or serve with cooked warm jasmine rice.


2 lbs boneless chicken breast cut into bite size
Salt and pepper for taste
1 tablespoon seasoning salt
1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
2 clove minced garlic
1 tablespoon Gourmet garden lemon grass (picture above)
2 tablespoon gold mountain seasoning sauce


In a large bowl add chicken, dried ingredients, minced garlic, lemon grass, and seasoning sauce, mix well with hands.


Egg Mixture: In a bowl beat in 2 large egg and 1 can good quality coconut milk.



Flour mixture: In a medium bowl add in 1 cup flour with 1 tablespoon seasoning salt and paprika. Stir well with fork. (Adding seasoning salt and paprika is optional)



Bread crumb mixture: In a large bowl add in 2 cups Asian bread crumbs, 1 cup shredded coconut, 1 tablspoon dry kaffir lime leaves flakes, and 1 tablespoon tumeric powder. Stir with fork.
  





Take chicken with tong.....













Coat chicken with flour mixture........








then drench with coconut egg mixutre.....



....then coat with coconut/bread crumb mixture. When coating with Asian bread crumbs. One hand should be dry. If  not dry, bread crumbs won't stick well on the chicken. 
I had to coat and drench them all before frying. It's a lot easier to cook them without going back and forth and worrying if they are going to get burnt.
Fry them in wok with vegetable oil on high heat. Fry one side for about 4 minutes until lightly golden brown and crispy, flip them over and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Continue frying.
Here is my delicious coconut chicken bites with veggies, and sweet chili sauce. Serve with warm jamine rice

No comments:

Post a Comment