About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Monday, March 5, 2012

Homemade Fried Rice & Asian Red Pork

My parents are from Cambodia. During my childhood my mom would make Cambodian fried rice and it's one of my favorite dishes. It's so delicious. Nothing is better than mom's homemade cooking. I miss her cooking so much and it's not so easy living across the Atlantic far away from my family back in New England. Every time we visit she would make all my favorites. It's so nice for her to cook and share Asian/Cambodian food with her grand kids too.









Egg fried rice


Ingredients:
 

2 Eggs. Slightly beaten.

2 ½ tablespoons cooking oil, divided.

2 cloves garlic. Minced.

1 small yellow onion. Chopped

1 Cup frozen peas and carrots mix. Defrosted.

3 Cups cooked jasmine rice.

1 tablespoon Soya Sauce (Golden Mountain Seasoning Sauce, at any Asian market)

1 tablespoon Maggie seasoning

1 ½ tablespoon fish sauce (Squid Brand Fish Sauce, at any Asian market)

½ tablespoon sugar

1 teaspoon salt.

¼ teaspoon black pepper.

3 Stalks green onion. Chopped.

1 Cup bean spouts Washed and drained.
Heat up non-stick skillet or wok, high temperature, add 1 tablespoon cooking oil.
Pour and spread the eggs, mix over the hot pan to form like a round omelet shape.
Remove the eggs when it's cooked, place it on a plate, fold and cut it to thin strips. Set a side.


Add the remaining cooking oil to the frying pan, add garlic, chopped onions, peas, carrots and rice. Stir well until are vegetables cooked.


Seasoned with soy sauce, Maggi seasoning, fish sauce,sugar, salt and black pepper. Stir well.
Then add cooked eggs, bean sprouts and green onions. Stir well.


Serve hot.



Asian Red Pork


Ingredients :

1 lb Pork tender loin or pork butt cut

2 Cloves garlic, crushed

2 halved shallots

¼ cup soya sauce

1 ½ tablespoon dry red wine

2 tablespoon honey

1 tablespoon brown sugar

¼ teaspoon salt

¼ teaspoon black pepper

½ teaspoon five spice powder

½ teaspoon cinnamon

Couple drops of red color

2 tablespoons vegetable oil
In a large bowl combine soya sauce, red wine, honey, brown sugar, salt, black pepper, five spice powder, food colouring, crushed garlic, and halved shallots. Sprinkle cinnamon on top.


Add pork, mix well with your hands, cover bowl and refrigerate it over night or at least 3 hours, (turning occasionally).

Drain pork from marinade, reserve marinade.

Put pork on a wire rack over baking dish. Bake in moderate oven 345 degrees for 30-45 minutes, basting frequently with marinade and turning frequently with tongs.

Slice thin before serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment