About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Garlic pull apart bread........

My homemade cheesy garlic pull apart bread. This was the appetizer. It took me about 15 hours to make my own bread but it was worth the wait.





Here is my recipe for my cheesy garlic pull apart bread :)

For the dough

1 1/2 cups bread flour
1 cup all purpose flour
1 package active-dry yeast
3 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons cornmeal
1 tablespoon olive oil



Bread stuffing
1 cup shredded cheese of your choice
1/2 cup herb melted butter mixed with fresh chopped minced garlic
1 cup of cut up small squared sharp cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons chopped chives
Olive oil for brushing the top





Making the dough: In a large bowl combine and whisk bread flour, flour, yeast, and salt. Add water and stir until all ingredients combined.




Shape dough into a large ball and wrap in plastic wrap and sit in room temperature for 12 hours.
After 12 hours the dough would look like>>>>>

Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Punch dough down and knead a few times and roll into a ball again. Cover with a kitchen towel or tea towel. Let rest for half hour.
After half hour sprinkle dough with cornmeal on bottom and top of the dough. Cover with towel and let rest for 3 hour until double the size.
While the dough is rising after 2 1/2 hours. Preheat oven to 450 degree.

In a deep baking dish drizzle bottom with olive oil and transfer dough on top and drizzle more olive oil on top of the dough and brush top lightly with egg. Cover with foil and bake for half hour. Remove foil and bake another 10 mins.
Transfer bread on a wooden board and slice bread by cutting lengthwise..........



and width wise without cutting through the bottom crust

Added shredded cheese first, stuffed in between the cuts, pour in melted herb butter with minced garlic, cut the cheddar cheese into small squares and put in between the cuts. Sprinkled chives on top and drizzle with a little olive oil. Transfer bread into a greased baking dish and covered with foil baked in oven for 20 minutes and remove foil and bake another 10 minutes until top bread becomes crisp and cheese has melted.
Carefully transfer bread onto a nice tray and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment