About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Beef Sweet & Sour Sauce








Ingredients

8 ounces beef top round steaks

salt & pepper

seasoning sauce

2 clove garlic minced

1 red hot pepper, minced (optional)

1 diced carrot

1 small onion, cut into thin wedges

1 red bell pepper, cut into thin wedges

sweet and sour sauce, follow recipe

1 can pineapple chunks

1 stalk green onion, chopped


How to

In a bowl marinade and season beef with salt, pepper, and seasoning sauce.

In a wok or skillet heat up 1-2 tablespoons cooking oil on medium/high heat stir in slice onions, bell peppers, and carrots stir well for 3-4 minutes until slightly crisp tender, remove from wok. Then add marinade beef and garlic stir for 3-5 minutes. Push meat from center of wok. Stir sweet and sour sauce in center of wok. Stir and cook until thickens. Return cooked vegetables to wok and add pineapple chunks. Cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add chopped green onion. Then serve over cooked hot jasmine rice.




Ingredients

4 tablespoons brown sugar

1/3 cup rice vinegar

2/3 cup water

1/4 cup soy sauce

1 tablespoon ketchup

1 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 3 tablespoon water



How to
In a medium sauce pan add sugar, vinegar, water and soy sauce, bring to a boil stirring continously.

In a small bowl mix toeghter


2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog this morning. I live near Seattle, am a great grandmother ....I'm so glad I have an ipad so I can meet nice people like you. Blessings on you and your family! I love your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I'm glad you found my blog. I have never been to Seattle but I heard it's absolutely beautiful and stunning sceneries. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete