About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Mini stuffed pasta shells


 Mini stuffed pasta shells

For dinner I made mini stuffed pasta shells. These took a while because these are mini. Next time I'll used bigger pasta shells. I went to a grocery store Meny at CC Vest in Oslo. I'm usually doing my grocery there. It is expensive but they take care of their vegetable and fruit better than any other groceries store in Oslo. I couldn't find any huge pasta shells.


In a large skillet on medium/high heat. I heated up 2 tablespoon olive oil. Stir in chopped onions and 2 clove minced garlic. Added my seasoned ground chicken about a pound (salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, herbs, seasoning sauce) stir and cook for 4 mintutes and added 1/2 cup chopped prosciutto. Cook for another 3 minutes. Then I added homemade tomato sauce  2 tablespoon tomato pure, fresh parlsey, and other seasoning for taste.

Then I stuffed the shells with my chicken stuffing. I used pasta lumaconi brand called Jacobs utvalgte. I cooked the pasta shells until sligtly tender. Boiled water, added salt and olive oil and cooked pasta shell for about 5 minutes. Drained and saved a little of the pasta water for the cheese mixture. I spread the pasta on a oiled baking sheets.

In a deep medium sauce pan on medium heat. I added 3 tablespoon plant margirine until slightly melts and sprinkle about 2-4 tablespoons flour stirring occasionally until margirine and flour combines. Poured and whisk about 1/2 cup of Måt flote (cream) 1/2 cup milk, and 2 tablespoon pasta water. When the sauce became a little thicker I added 1 cup shredded mixed cheese, 1/2 cup white cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup parmesan cheese whisking and stirring well so it wouldn't burn and then I added some herbs and seasoning to taste (salt, pepper, oregeno, fresh parsley)


In a non stick baking dish I poured in my cheese mixture on the bottom and added the stuffed pasta shells on top. Sprinkled more cheese on top and chopped fresh parsley and chives. Baked in the oven on 375 degrees for about 10-12 minutes until cheese has melted.
My mini stuffed pasta shell with cheesy herb sauce, topped with parsly and cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment