About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Mini cheesecakes

I wasn't into baking before but last autumn I baked homemade pecan pie, pumpkin pie, blueberry, apples.....
I started to bake homemade bread, baguettes, bagels, English muffins, muffins,cheesecake. Then I got hooked on baking and I do make delicious cheesecake.


 

Graham cracker crust

  • 1 1/2 cup fine crushed graham crackers
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup melted butter
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 2 tablespoon Friea Regoa Bakekakao or good quality of cocoa powder
  • 3 teaspoon vanilla

Vanilla bean cheesecake filling

  • 2 tablespoons butter, soften
  • 1 egg
  • 3 teaspoon vanilla
  • 16 ounces Philadelphia cream cheese soften
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 3 tablespoon all purpose flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 Vanilla pod bean removed
  • 1 teaspoon Freia vaniljesukker/ vanilla sugar 
  • 12 pieces Freia heart shape chocolate or any heart shape chocolate 

Mini Oreo & Cookie pie crust

  • 1 cup crushed Oreo cookies
  • 1/2 cup Freia chocolate chip cookies or any chocolate chip cookies. ( I used my own chocolate chip cookies) 
  • 1/3 cup melted butter
  • 2 tablespoon Friea Regoa Bakekakao or good quality of cocoa powder
  • 1 tablespoon sugar

Oreo cheesecake filling

  • 2 tablespoons butter, soften
  • 1 egg beaten
  • 16 ounces Philadelphia cream cheese
  • 1/2 cup or 1 cup sour cream
  • 3 tablespoon all purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup or 1 cup sugar
  • 1 tablespoon Freia Vaniljesukker/ Vanila Sugar 
  • 1 cup crushed Oreo cookies

For my Mini Vanilla Bean Cheesecake Hearts
Pre heat oven to 375 degrees F.

You will need 1 muffin pans, non stick spray like PAM spray, 1 medium bowl, 1 large bowl, wooden spoon, and electric whisk.

Spray the muffin pan with the non stick spray.

In a medium bowl mix together with a wooden spoon crushed graham crackers, sugar, freia regia bakekakoa. Then add the egg yolk, vanilla, and melted butter mix all well. Press the graham cracker mixture into the muffin pan and bake for 5 min or until slightly brown.

In a large bowl with electric whisk combine cream cheese, sour cream, flour, sugar on low to medium speed. Mix well so that the sugar dissolves. Add soft butter, vanilla sugar, and beans from the vanilla pod to the mixture and blend until smooth. Spread the cheesecake onto the crust in the muffin form. Bake for 20 minutes and add the Freia chocolate hearts 15 minutes after cooling and cool for another 15 minutes


For my Mini Oreo Cookie Cheesecake

Pre heat oven to 375 degrees F.

You will need 1 muffin pans, non stick spray like PAM spray, 1 medium bowl, 1 large bowl, wooden spoon, and electric whisk.

In a medium bowl with wooden spoon mix together the crushed Oreo cookies, Freia melksjokolade kjeks/chocolate chip cookies, Freia Regia Bakekakao/ coco powder, and sugar and add the melted butter and mix all well. Press the cookie mixture into the muffin form.

In a large bowl and electric whisk combine and whisk on low to medium speed cream cheese, sour cream, flour, and sugar. Whisk until the sugar has dissolve. Add the soft butter, egg, vanilla sugar blend and whisk until smooth. Stir in the crushed Oreo cookies using your wooden spoon and mix. Spread the Oreo cheesecake filling onto the cookie crust in the muffin form. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes on 375 degrees F. until the center are almost set.


No comments:

Post a Comment