About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Monday, March 26, 2012

Thai Curry Soup

I love Asian food and I love cooking these kind of dishes. This is one of my favorites to make. My homemade Thai curry soup with rice noodle. It's so yummy :)


For my curry paste
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon coriander seeds
9 dried chilies
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1 tablespoon chopped lemon grass
4 cloves chopped garlic
1 tablespoon chopped galangal
2 chopped shallots
2 tablespoon fish sauce
2 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 teaspoon dried kaffir lime leaves
1 tablespoon yellow curry powder


In a pan without oil I stir in the coriander and cumin seed just dry fry them, stirring over medium heat for 2 minutes. Chopped chillies and soaked in water for 8 minutes and drain. Using a stone mortar and pestle I pound all ingredients and fry dried seeds together until becomes fine paste.

For my curry soup
I seasoned my ground pork with salt, pepper, 2 chopped garlic, 1 chopped shallots, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon fish sauce, 1 teaspoon chopped red pepper.  (I wanted to used chicken but  I didn't have any chicken because the grocery stores in Norway are not open Sundays and I didn't want to drive to Sweden just to buy chicken)

In a large deep wok I cooked my curry paste (I added extra curry paste because I like curry) with 1 tablespoon cooking oil for a minute and added my ground pork mixture and  1 small chopped onion Stirring and mixing all ingredients together. Then I added chopped red bell pepper, baby corns, chopped egg plants, diced 2 tomatoes, chopped Chinese parsley. Cooked for 4 minutes and then I added 2 tablespoon fish sauce and 1 tablespoon sugar. Then added 2 cups of broth (chicken) and 2 cans coconut milk and cooked for 15 minutes until done.

I served with cooked rice noodles and topped with chopped green onions, Chinese parsley, and coriander leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment