About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Pot roast...

Homemade pot roast with roasted vegetables


I wanted to make something special for my family today so I decided to make beef pot roast. My husband and kids loved it. It came out delicious.

Ingredients:

4 lbs Oksestek (boneless bottom round roast or beef chuck roast)
Salt and freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoon seasoning sauce
4 tablespoon olive oil
2 onions peeled and quartered
1 can crushed tomatoes
1 cup red wine
1 cup of beef stock
1 small can Campbell's condensed mushroom soup
4 fresh thyme sprigs
2 bay leaves
4 carrots peel and sliced 1/2 inch pieces
2 celery stalk, sliced

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Season all side beef with salt and pepper and seasoning sauce.
In a large heavy pot heat 2 tablespoon olive oil on high heat. Sear the meat on all sides about 4 minutes on each side. Remove the beef and set aside, with the same heavy pot add the onions 1 tablespoon olive oil and cook for 4 minutes. Then add tomatoes and cook until slightly colored. Add wine, stock, mushroom soup stir. Add your bay leaves & fresh thyme sprigs and stir. Put the beef back in the pot.
Scatter carrots and celery around the roast and season with salt and pepper and drizzle with the remaining olive oil.
Cover the pot and place in the oven, cook for 2 1/2 hour. I would baste the roast every half hour with pot juices so it won't get dry. I remove the cover and cooked for another 15 minutes. Serve with roasted vegetables.

I used the rest of the pot juices, 3 tablespoons of mat fløte or cream, 1 tablespoon cornstarch and made it into a thicken sauce.


Here you have beef pot roast with roasted veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment