About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Homemade fried chicken

These are way better than those that are sold in the grocery stores here because the one in the grocery stores looks like it has been sitting their for weeks and it taste dried and soggy. My husband think it taste better than KFC. I think when it's homemade it taste better and I know what's in it. 

Fried Chicken
3 eggs
1/3 cup water
1 cup Texas Pete or Louisiana hot sauce
2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce

1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup corn flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon paprika
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon celery salt
1 teaspoon white pepper

2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 1/4  teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons seasoning salt

2 lbs chicken breast and thighs
Vegetable or peanut oil for frying

1. In a medium size bowl beat the eggs with the water. Add the Worcestershire sauce and enough hot sauce so the egg mixture is bright orange.

2. In another bowl, combine the dry ingredients together  flour, corn flour, baking powder, white pepper, paprika, garlic powder, celery salt.

3. For seasoning blend, in a small bowl combine together garlic powder,  onion powder, cayenne pepper,  white pepper, salt, seasoning salt, poultry seasoning.

4. Rinse and pat dry chicken with paper towel

5. Season the chickens generously on both side with the seasoning blend.

6. Dip the seasoned chicken in the egg mixture

7. Then coat well in the flour mixture.

8. Heat the oil up to a 350 degrees F in a deep pot or deep fryer. Do not fill the pot more than 1/2 full with oil or you will cause a big accident.

9. One piece at a time ( 2-3 chicken at a time depends how wide and big the deep pot or deep fryer is) drop chicken into hot oil (don't crowd chicken pieces )

10. Fry the chicken until brown and crisp. (Dark meat take about 14 minutes to cook through and white meat take about 10 minutes and smaller pieces cook faster than large pieces)

11. If the juices run clear than it is done.

Serve with salad, potato salad, mashed potatoes, steamed veggies......

No comments:

Post a Comment