About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Asian style crispy chicken fingers


For dinner today I made homemade Asian juicy crispy chicken fingers. These were a success.
My husband says these are way better than Popeye's chicken and there is a big opening in Norway to open a fried chicken restaurant and he thought I should open as soon as possible. My kids loved them too. It's very hard to please their little taste buds.

Here is my recipe for my Asian juicy crispy chicken fingers.

marinade chicken

650 grams chicken breast
1 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1 teaspoon season salt
1 tablespoon seasoning sauce or soya sauce ( I used Golden Mountain) you can also use Maggie seasoning or Kikkoman.
1 1/2 teaspoons turmeric powder
1 teaspoon Santa Maria dried flakes kaffir lime leaves
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes

flour mixture

1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika

egg mixture
2 large eggs
1 small can coconut milk
2 tablespoon hot sauce ( I used Texas Pete)

bread crumbs mixture

1/2 cup Japanese panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon dried flakes kaffir lime leaves

1/4 cup vegetable oil

 
Cut chicken breast into strips. Season chicken with salt, garlic powder, black pepper, seasoning salt, soya sauce, turmeric powder, dried kaffir lime leaves, and red pepper flakes, mix well with your hands.

You will need 3 bowls.

1st bowl mix well together all purpose flour, salt, and paprika.

2nd bowl mix well together 2 large eggs, coconut milk, and hot sauce.

3rd bowl mix well together panko bread crumbs, bread crumbs, turmeric powder, kaffir lime leaves.

Pour 1/4 cup of vegetable oil in a heavy bottom pot or a heavy duty skillet over medium high heat.

While the oil is heating, pour the marinaded chickens into the flour mixture and mix well with your hands until the all chicken strips are covered with the flour seasoning.

Then dip each chicken strips into the egg mixture and then coat each in the panko bread crumbs mixture and continue coating, dipping, and coating all the chicken strips.

When done, the oil should be hot enough to start frying. Place about 4 chicken strips in the pan, let fry for a 2 minutes and flip each over with tong and fry for another 3 minutes until golden crispy. Place of paper towel line tray to drain away the excess oil
Continue with frying the rest of the strips.

Serve immediately with sweet chili dipping sauce or sweet plum dipping sauce.

I served it with rice and homemade stir fry garlic, broccoli, oyster sauce...

No comments:

Post a Comment